Re: Thinking of Buying a SLT

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Wed Sep 10 1997 - 16:52:37 EDT

At 05:27 PM 9/10/97 -0300, you wrote:

>Hi all
>

>I have been thinking of getting a Dakota for a few months. I only found
>this list last evening and have a dumb question which some my wish to
>responded to me directly:
>
> Which option would you like to have?
<snip>

>I await your collective experience & advice
>

>Greg Aylward

Greg:

I ordered my '97 about this time last year. I ordered a SLT with all of the
options EXCEPT the electric windows and overhead console, bucket seats and
wide tires. Since you plan to tow, I recommend the V8 automatic, towing
package and all the rest of the heavy duty stuff. If you're planning on
towing your tractor into fields, 4x4 would come in handy.

Check out the 'Kelly Blue Book'(USA) web site for all the options and
packages, figure out which combinations of options you want (note all the
option numbers), then go for prices. Try out the auto brokers....I did and
it was much cheaper than the dealers.

I discovered that it was cheaper to buy the SLT with a few options I didn't
really need, than to build up either a Sport or a Base model. Don't bother
trying to convert the $US to Canadian to figure out what it will cost as
pricing is not the same ... cheaper in Canada :).

Happy shopping.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, B.C.