Re: R/T Sighting!!! WOW!!!

From: Jarrod Pilone (moparman@jet.laker.net)
Date: Fri Sep 12 1997 - 17:26:41 EDT

> But the real gee gaws were coming from the direction
> near the FRONT of the car carrier. Black Dodge Dakota,
> regular cab, short bed, Black as midnight with RED
> lettering on the door. Dakota R/T. OmiGOD! Huge chrome
> 17" 5-spokers with 255/55 Eagle RS/A's and a fat, honking
> exhaust pipe. DAMN nice, and it looked like it had been
> lowered somewhat. The R/T sported Michigan plates, and it
> looked as if it had been driven...it also wore the RAM AIR
> hood. Thought it was a Pontiac truck at first :)

COOL!

there have been many different sightings of the r/t dakota. but i tihnk
what is gonna be the real thing out is just a regular dakota available in
regular and club cab like the web page said. just with the tire and
handling package and a 360 engine backed up to a 46re tranny carried over
from the ram. so i think the hype isnt what we all think. i would love to
get a '98 r/t..but for the money it would cost for a new one i could
supercharge mine and go faster!

Jarrod

Jarrod Pilone moparman@laker.net
http://www.laker.net/moparman
1997 Dakota CC V8 Sport FIPK Flowmaster Transgo Pilone Throttle Body R/T
Bumblebee Stripe, Lakewood Traction Bars.
1972 Dodge Demon, Future 12 Second 1/4 Mile Car