Re: Coolant leak

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Mon Sep 15 1997 - 23:19:43 EDT

At 09:07 PM 9/15/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
> My 92 Dak CC 4X4 5.2 66k has developed a coolant leak. The coolant
>runs off the front of the block, and harm. balancer after the motor has
>stopped. Hoses, bottom of radiator and such in the area seem to be dry.
>Water pump?? if so why only after it has stopped? (may seep some???) Do
>the water pumps have weep holes? Will the pump come off with out
>removing all the other acc. around it? (alt. ac and their brackets etc.)
>
> Thanks
> Alan

Alan:

If it's anything like the water pump on my '78 3/4 ton (360 ci), when it is
near to wearing out, it leaks a little bit out a 'tell tale' hole. I first
noticed fluid on some frame members and thought it was a leaking rad.
Lucky I have an experienced mechanic who knew exactly where to look.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, B.C.
Canada