Re: Moroso Blue Max plug wires

From: Michael Clark (mclark@wt.net)
Date: Tue Sep 16 1997 - 00:39:21 EDT

Bryan M Nored wrote:

> What kind of idle problem do you have? Have you checked out the map
> sensor, my old 92 Dakota was idling real bad, and would die on me allot,
> I replaced the map sensor, and it ran perfect.
> Bryan Nored

Havent' checked it, but I have been wondering if that's the problem. Is
there an easy way to test the map sensor without going to the dealer? I
still get no diagnostic codes except for 12 and good ol' 55

Only seems to happen just after the engine is started, and then goes
away about 30sec to a minute later. Real rough labored idle, sounds
like it has a hot cam in it. Could be the map I gues, but after
replacing just about every other possible cause I think it is time to
take it to the dealer and put it on the diagnostic. It gets expensive
replacing things that might be bad and hoping it fixes the problem. But
I do have a lot of new parts now...;~)

--
Michael Clark            mike@snakebite.com
     '93 Mark III 4X2 V-8 SWB RC auto