Re: Dakota Comments & Questions.

From: BlueladyJL@aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 18 1997 - 10:45:55 EDT

I have a '97 Dakota SLT V-8 automatic, Club Cab, 4w/dr. My mileage improved
after around 3000 miles... 13 to 14 around town and 14 to 15 on the hiway.
Hiway may be better but I am usually hauling my dirt bikes or camper around,
so I havent really checked it out for "free" driving.
My rear end (actually, the trucks rear end, not mine) clunks when it shifts
at times too. In fact, my clunk has gotten more noticable with time.. I have
about 4500 miles on it.
You mentioned the ratio on your rear end...the Dakota has 3 different ratios,
you got the highest. Perfect for towing.
I don't know about the K&N FIPK.

Jana