Re: Gas Mileage

From: Tony Mastres (mastres@id.ucsb.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 18 1997 - 16:35:29 EDT

On 9/18 Rob Agnew Wrote

>Tony:
>
>For an obviously educated man, you don't appear too bright. Firstly, not
>all members of this list are in the USA, many of us are in Canada. For most
>of us, miles per gallon is still the measure of fuel consumption. Litres
>per 100 km is meaningless to me. I indicated that my mileage was in
>IMPERIAL (Canadian) GALLONS which is approximately 20% larger than the US
>gallon and meaningful to Canadian members.
>
>Thus, I an not a LIAR, perhaps you are a fool. Your apology is accepted.
>

>Rob Agnew
>ragnew@islandnet.com
>
>Victoria, B.C.
>Canada

Whoa Rob Relax!!

I'll post this to the entire list simply because you had the discourtesey
to post the message above in the same manner. If you'll read my post I
specifically said I'm NOT calling you a liar. NOT means the same thing in
Canada as in the US doesn't it? I've never lived or even been to Canada and
until now I'd never heard of an Imperial gallon. If that makes me a fool
then so be it. I specifically tailored my post to be non-offensive on a
subject where I thought you had given inaccurate information. In the
context of the Imperial Gallon I was wrong about your milage and I
apologize for offending you. Several others chimed in with a correction
about the measurement and explained that an Imperial Gallon is more than a
US gallon. As for the rest of the post there's no apology. If I think your
wrong about something I'll say so courteously, if you can't respond the
same way then I guess you've shown your true colors.

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
+ +
+ Tony Mastres, Photographer, Instructional Development +
+ +
+ University of California @ Santa Barbara +
+ +
+ +