Re: Gas Mileage

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Thu Sep 18 1997 - 17:26:30 EDT

At 03:15 PM 9/18/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Remember... He said 'Imperial Gallon'. There are 5 US quarts to
>an Imperial Gallon, 4 US quarts to a US Gallon. So, 23 miles per
>imerial gallon works to be 18 MPG for us in the US. Thats about
>the max I get for my 97 SLT+ 4x4 CC.
>
>Where do they dispense gas in liters, and where do they dispense
>it in imperial gallons?
>--
>x-------------------------------------------x
>| Chip Maurer chip@unx.dec.com |
>| Digital Equipment chip.maurer@usa.net |
>| 200 Route 9 North |
>x Manalapan, NJ 07726 (732) 577-6195 x

Chip:

Fuel is sold by the litre in Canada. But most of us over 30, still think
in gallons and miles/gallon.
For your information, in imperial gallons, my 1978 Dodge 3/4 ton with a 360
and 4:11's got 10 mpg (city or highway). My 1989 Plymouth Sundance gets
about 35 mpg on the highway, 25 in town. I hope this will put Canadian
mpg's in perspective and help avoid future confusion for some list members.

So a 1997 Dakota, weighing little less than the 3/4 ton, having 60 hp.
more, getting 23 mpg is absolutely fantastic!. I am currently paying
$68.5/litre for mid-grade (89 octane), but I am not going to convert that
to $US and US gallons because I'll probably get it wrong.

Cheers.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, B.C.