Re: Sliding Rear Window: Yes or No?

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Fri Sep 19 1997 - 09:00:22 EDT

> When I order my '98 Dakota club cab, should I order the sliding rear
> window?

  I like mine. I suppose they do provide easy access for thieves,
so that's something to consider.

  My rear vision is not blocked. I suppose the vertical pillars do
obstruct to some extent, but it has never been a problem in the 2+
years I've been driving my Dakota. Far more problematic are the
horrendous blind spots on either side of the Club Cab. Easily
lessened with a couple of convex stick-on mirrors.

  One benefit is ventilation. If you want to quickly exhaust the
interior, simply slide open the rear window and crack one or both
side windows. I don't like to drive this way for long distances,
since the noise bugs me.

  Another benefit is quick access to the bed while driving. Very
nice to have a passenger grab something out of the cooler. Also
provides a convenient place to toss those beer, um, I mean soda
cans. ;)

  The main reason I got mine was for access in case I got a bed
cap, but it doesn't look like I'm ever going to put one on the
truck.

  Ron