Dakota Mods

From: Terry Hebert (hebert1@windsor.igs.net)
Date: Sat Sep 20 1997 - 23:24:50 EDT

The bug has bitten me again. I went to the weekly car show 2 days ago
and saw a Indy Ram. I spoke with the owner and he had flowmaster dual
race magnum's installed, MP SBEC and K&N filtercharger system. I asked
him what he paid for the K&N setup and he spews $200Can. I needed a
chair at this point. Yesterday I then proceeded to the local speed shop
and priced it out $200Can before tax. Obviously this is ludicrous so I
purchased a tonneau cover instead. Installed that today. I shot over to
the states today and went to RAMCHARGERS. They didn't have the e-1080
K&N or Edelbrock Air Cleaner in stock. Itchin for a fix, I stop at Super
Shops on the way home. Lucky call as they have one e-1080 filter left in
stock($29.95). No edelbrock cleaner but a 10' ERSON($15.95). The
salesman stuffed the K&N in the ERSON cleaner. I was all set and ready
to go. I got home and had the little lady install that FABM setup for
me. Bottom line $29.95+$15.95+TAX=$48.00 US*Money Exchange(1.40)=
$67.00Can. I declared the goods at the border and the customs lady
laughed at me and sent me through. $200.00Can-$67.00Can= $133 Savings. I
can't wait to try it out.

Terry