Re: Drag Racing

From: http://www.rocketmail.com@csclub0.cs.fredonia.edu (//www.rocketmail.com@csclub0.cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 21 1997 - 03:52:55 EDT

I have a 94 Dakota Sport, V6, 3:21 gears, manual tranny, standard cab, short wheel base,

   and Michelin 235/75 AT's.

I have read some of the posts on here and the people here seem to know Dakotas inside and

out, so I was wondering if there was anyone that can help me.

For one, the 235's rub on the frame. I have checked around for some wheels that would

correct the problem, but all I have been able to find that would actually FIT my truck

are Centerline and Boyd. I wasn't actually planning on spending $800 for wheels. Is there

any way to correct this?

Also out of curiosity, would a V8 fit in my truck without any mods? I've heard that every-

thing is the same short of 2 cylinders.

Gas mileage wise, what would be the best performance upgrades? Currently (If I manage to

keep my foot out of it) I get 19-21 mpg, and I was looking for something to step it up

without dropping the mpg's down past 15-16. Any ideas?

            Thanks,

               Daniel Gregory
         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)