Re: Vibration

From: Chris Ruggiers (ruggiers@telepath.com)
Date: Mon Sep 22 1997 - 15:06:37 EDT

kmiller wrote:

> Hey all:
>
> I don't know if anybody else had a problem like this but any comments
> or
> suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Let me explain:
>
> I got a bad vibration at higher speeds last night. If I was on the
> throttle it would pretty much vibrate the whole dash and just sounds
> like
> glrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. As soon as I let off of it, it goes away. Here is
> what
> I thought of:
>
> U-joints - replaced this morning. Helped the problem but I still get
> the
> vibe around 75 mph and up.
>
> Transmission - was gonna be the next step
>
> Rear-end - Don't wanna, but I will yank it if I have to
>
> Transmission Mount - doubt it, just a thought
>
> Tires - Doesn't really seem like it is possible because as soon as I
> let
> off it kinda goes away, but I got new tires coming Tuesday for the new
>
> wheels just because I need new tires anyway.
>
> Thanks for any info.
>
> Scott Miller
> 89 Dodge Dakota Shelby

 I posted my vibration story not long ago, but in case you missed it: I
had mild vibration between 68 and 72 mph, and the local dodge boys fixed
it with addition of rather large counter weight on the tail shaft of the
tranny. If I remember correctly, the service mgr told me that previous
full sized dodge pickups had the same vibration problem which
counterweight fixed. It fixed mine.

Chris