Re: DML:Don't break your Mirrors - Expensive

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Wed Oct 01 1997 - 15:27:16 EDT

Dakota Folks:

Just about to replace the 6x9 power window on my '97 Dakota because the
glass was cracked. A gentleman (I use that term very loosely - since he
lied about it to the insurance co.) decided to drive his TOY pickup on my
side of the road and clipped my mirror. The mirror is cracked top to
bottom, no other damage .... BUT, according to CC, the mirror glass is not
replaceable.

The cost ... $312 (Canadian), but at least I got the turkey's plate (when
he stopped to pick up his own mirror!) and he has to pay for 50% of the
damage.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, B.C.