Re: 1/4 mile times!!!

From: Andre Mauboussin (andrem@cyberramp.net)
Date: Thu Oct 02 1997 - 15:39:17 EDT

Jarrod Pilone wrote:

> well i went to teh track tonight to see how the truck ran with the
> Drag
> Radials and the slaper bars together.
>
> here's my slips in order.

> r/t: .664
> 60': 2.316
> 330: 6.781
> 1/8: 10.443
> mph: 66.91
> 1000: 13.633
> 1/4: 16.339
> mph: 83.16

> r/t: .604
> 60': 2.88
> 330: 6.724
> 1/8: 10.379
> mph: 66.93
> 1000: 13.562
> 1/4: 16.256
> mph: 83.86

> r/t: .693
> 60': 2.284 (MY BEST 60 FOOT TIME EVER!!!)
> 330: 6.734
> 1/8: 10.383
> mph: 66.91
> 1000: 13.564
> 1/4: 16.260
> mph: 83.49
>
> (i was extactic about that 60 foot time. best ever before tonight was
> 2.308, so i guess the slapper bars and drag radials liked each other)

> r/t: 653
> 60': 2.287
> 330: 6.635
> 1/8: 10.222
> mph: 67.99
> 1000: 13.355
> 1/4: 16.011
> mph: 84.72
>
> I was so happy because this was the fastest i ever drove this truck in
> teh
> 1/4 mile (previous best was 16.032@83.85 mph) but what happened is the
> few
> people before me carried water from the wetbox to the line so i ended
> up
> doing a john force burnout past the starting line and never got a grip
> in
> the DR's cause of the water. so when the light hit i spun for about
> 15-20
> feet and i guess that let the engine rev up a bit more to get going
> and i
> ran a good time!.
>
> but overall i beleive my 60' times have benefitted from using the
> slapper
> bars with the drag radials. so they were well worth the $27.99 from
> jeg's.
>
> i can feel 15's on the horizon

Congrats Jarrod! I'm curious if my 5 speed is giving me a big edge in
60ft times though. I used get 2.25 60 fts with the stock Invicta tires
and no mods! My truck ran 88mph in stock form also (it weighs 3600lbs
with me in it). Your 1/8th mile ET looks pretty good and you should be
in the 15s already. It seems like you're missing some HP on the Big end.
If it won't screw up your computer drop to a 180 thermostat(this got me
over a tenth for $6(used heavy duty robertshaw) Currently, my best 60 ft
is 2.11 on street radials with no traction aids. Are there any automatic
racers out there doing better on street radials than 2.11???

Andre Mauboussin
95 Reg Cab/SB 14.70 @93.5mph