re: redline water wetter

From: E. Frank Ball III (frankb@cougar.sr.hp.com)
Date: Fri Oct 03 1997 - 13:58:52 EDT

} From: Terry Hebert <hebert1@windsor.igs.net>
} Subject: DML: Water Wetter
}
} Has anybody used the Redline Water Wetter product in their cooling
} system to reduce engine operating temperatures? I've heard it can
} reduce operating temperatures by as much as 20.0 deg f. Will the
} computer adapt or puke it's brains?

The thermostat will control the temperature under most conditions.
Adding water wetter won't make your truck run too cool unless it is so
cold outside that the truck can't reach normal operating temperatures.
If your truck has an overheating problem it can help. If you don't have
an overheating problem then don't bother. It was designed for racing
applications, where they aren't allowed to use anti-freeze (anti-freeze
is really slippery and very difficult to clean up off the racetrack).
It prevents corrosion and keeps the temperatures down. Since water
boils at a lower temperature than a 50/50 water/anti-freeze mix this can
be important. If I lived somewhere where freezing was not an issue I
might use Water Wetter instead of anti-freeze (it's cheaper).

Frank Ball 1UR-M frankb@sr.hp.com (707) 794-4168 work
Hewlett Packard (707) 794-3038 fax (707) 538-3693 home
1212 Valley House Drive Kawi KDX200, Yamaha XT350 YZF600R Seca 750
Rohnert Park CA 94928-4999 '95 Dakota SLT Club Cab V8 5-Speed 2WD