'97-98 Dakota wheels + other stuff

From: Dan DePardo (ddepardo@ittc.ukans.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 03 1997 - 16:12:30 EDT

 Has anyone replaced their stock Dakota aluminum wheels with aftermarket
 wheels, and if so, would you be interested in selling your stock wheels?

 Do the earlier Dakotas have the same 6 bolt 4.5"(?) bolt pattern?

 While the stock front bar appears to be pretty beefy, I also intend to
 add the rear anti-sway bar from the stock handling package upgrade.
 I have yet to price the Dodge part, and compare it's diameter to what's
 available from the aftermarket however.
 I installed a pair of Ford (is that considered a bad word here? ;-D)
 Motorsport bars on my previous brand X P.U., and they made a huge
 difference in handling.

 I bought my Dakota off the lot, (excellent price, and they gave me a
 very generous trade in on my low mileage '88 "Rancid" Ranger ;~D )
 otherwise I would have ordered the optional handling package which includes
 the upgraded wheel and tire package, as well as the rear anti-sway bar.

 So far 475 miles on the '98 and counting...the only mod so far has been
 a panel K+N for the airbox, but a Gibson cat-back with duals is on my
 list. I haven't received my Magnum Performance catalog yet, but hopefully
 SS headers will become available for the '97-'98 V-6.

 I didn't go the K+N FIPK route because my feeling is that there are definite
 advantages to the tuned cavity airbox, over an open element, especially on
 the smallish V-6, and the truck isn't intended to be a 1/4 mile hero...the
 60's musclecar in the garage has that covered! ;~D

 Daniel DePardo
 RF Electronics Engineer
 Information and Telecomunications Technology Center
 University of Kansas Center for Research Inc.

  235 Nichols Hall ddepardo@ittc.ukans.edu
  2291 Irving Hill Rd. Phone: (785) 864-3082
  Lawrence, KS 66045-2228 FAX : (785) 864-7789