Re: Wed nite drags

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 03 1997 - 21:50:47 EDT

<< Bill, Can you give me/us some more info about this place? (i.e.
 address, what to do when getting there, etc?) All I know is that it
 is somewhere near Rochester? >>

The place is New York International Raceway Park located a couple of miles
off State Route 36 just north of Leicester, NY which is a few miles north of
Letchworth State Park. I would guess about 30 miles south of Rochester.
According to Map'N'Go from Fredonia US 20 to SR 60 to I90 (exit 59) to SR400
(Aurora Exprwy exit 54) to US 20A to Leicester 93 miles 1:45 time. Next Wed
is the last for this year it then goes to Sundays. They have their last big
event on Oct 19 the Frigid Nationals. Last year there were 230+ entries and
it lasted until about 10 pm. I ran stock trophy (probably 40 - 50 entries)
and ended up 2nd place due to a red light start and the other guy broke out.
All I had to do was not red light and I had it won. I am planning to run it
again this year but with the juice which will put me in Pro Stock (10.99 -
13.99) I will probably be one of the slower vehicles but it may turn out OK
as they would have to spot me and then play catch up, if they catch up they
often break out. Ahhh I go for the fun and good time, if I do good it is just
a bonus. Come on over !!

Bill