Re: "Breaking in" a factory engine

From: Dick Campagna (campagna@nothinbut.net)
Date: Fri Oct 03 1997 - 22:04:25 EDT

----------
> From: KARL MOLTZAN <kmoltzan@mymail.net>
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: Re: DML: "Breaking in" a factory engine
> Date: Friday, October 03, 1997 8:11 PM
>
> On Fri, 03 Oct 1997 10:08:03 -0500 Keith Knuth
> <kknuth@camax.com> wrote:
>
> >There has always been some discussion about how to drive a
> new vehicle with
> >0
> >miles on the engine.... Can you really "get on it" right
> away?
>

> Sure drive the @$%* out of it.

This advice is opposite that which has been given by every auto expert I've
read (which is a lot). Race cars can "get on it" right away 'cause they're
assembled with loose clearances and they have to last just long enough for
the race, which, at most, is 500 miles. Think about it.

(snipped)

Dick (& Geri) Campagna, Mt Laurel, NJ campagna@nothinbut.net
(Per favore, non mi rompere i coglioni. Grazie!)