Re: Sure-grip suggestions?

From: Lord Foul (lordfoul@Xaccessone.com)
Date: Mon Oct 06 1997 - 01:35:43 EDT

------=_NextPart_000_01BCD1DF.03CB5260

they need a install kit,,??? i would be wary,,, apparantly they dont setup
many diffs...

the locker tis the way to go if you dont mind some "weird" noises,, and
drivability, on the pavement,,

----------
: From: Rob Robinson <u4d6r6mh@coastalnet.com>
: To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
: Subject: DML: Sure-grip suggestions?
: Date: Sunday, October 05, 1997 6:48 PM
:
: I realize that I started this string a while ago, but with so many new
: people, I will ask for opinions again.
:
: I have a 96 Dakota 318 with 3.55 rear and NO sure-grip. I think it will
be
: real benificial to add it to the truck, and I am looking in the options.
: found a shop that will be willing to do the swap, but now I have to
decide
: on where to get the parts. Has anyone gone with a unit other than the
: factory one and if so, how do you like what you have?
:
: I have seen many ads for different types such as sure-grips, lockers,
and
: the such. What do you all think I should go with.
:
: The shop also asked to get an installation kit (has the compound for gear
: lash, gaskets, etc. Is there such from Chrysler and how much?
:
: Any information on the parts would be greatly appreciated.
:
: Hopefully my times will go down (I am already running 9.9 at 72mph in
the
: 1/8 with alot of starting line spinning) with two wheels gripping!
:
: Mr. & Mrs. Rob Robinson
:
:
------=_NextPart_000_01BCD1DF.03CB5260

color=3D"#008000" face=3D"Fixedsys"><b>they need a install kit,,??? i =
would be wary,,, apparantly they dont setup many diffs...<br>the =
locker tis the way to go if you dont mind some "weird" =
noises,, and drivability, on the pavement,,<br><font =
color=3D"#000000">----------: From: Rob Robinson <<font =
color=3D"#0000EE"><u>u4d6r6mh@coastalnet.com</u><font =
color=3D"#000000">>: To: <font =
color=3D"#0000EE"><u>dakota-truck@buffnet.net</u><font =
color=3D"#000000">: Subject: DML: Sure-grip suggestions?<br>: Date: =
Sunday, October 05, 1997 6:48 PM: <br>: I realize that I started =
this string a while ago, but with so many new: people, I will ask =
for opinions again.: <br>: I have a 96 Dakota 318 with 3.55 rear and =
NO sure-grip. I think it will be: real benificial to add it to =
the truck, and I am looking in the options. I: found a shop =
that will be willing to do the swap, but now I have to decide: on =
where to get the parts. Has anyone gone with a unit other than =
the: factory one and if so, how do you like what you have?<br>: =
: I have seen many ads for different types such as sure-grips, =
lockers, and: the such. What do you all think I should =
go with.: <br>: The shop also asked to get an installation kit (has =
the compound for gear: lash, gaskets, etc. Is there such from =
Chrysler and how much?: <br>: Any information on the parts would be =
greatly appreciated.: <br>: Hopefully my times will go down (I =
am already running 9.9 at 72mph in the: 1/8 with alot of starting =
line spinning) with two wheels gripping!: <br>: Mr. & Mrs. Rob =
Robinson: <br>: </p>
------=_NextPart_000_01BCD1DF.03CB5260--