Re:Winshield replacement

From: Matthew Brandes (mbrandes@realworks.com)
Date: Wed Oct 08 1997 - 08:58:17 EDT

I think this may be a common practice among dealerships. I needed to
replace the winshield in my '86 Honda Accord and they told me they really
don't replace it, they just call one of the local glass shops and have them
come and do it.

On another note.. spoke with the one of the dealers last night. Their
expecting to get a Durango in today with another 4 on the way! Will take
the digital camera down and get some pics.

> When I got a crack in my windshield, I called the local Dodge service
>department to find out what it would cost to replace. Amazingly, I found
>out that they don't replace windshields!! I buy a truck, something on it
>needs to be replaced, so I take it back to the manufacturer for service,
>only to be told "we don't do that"?!?! What's the difference between a
>windshield and a lens cover?? Sure, due to the volume, maybe the Dodge
>dealer would have to charge a lot more for the service than the local glass
>people, but you'd think they'd at least offer it!! :-P

Matthew
1997 Dodge Dakota SLT+ Black w/ Mist Gray
ClubCab, Auto, V8, K&N Filter, Mobile 1