Re: 1998 Dakota R/T (question about the R/T!)

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 08 1997 - 12:30:11 EDT

> Okay,
> I have been following this thread for a while, and really don't care much
> about the Toyotas (Especially considering that I just bought my 1998 Dakota)
> Anyhow, I AM curious about the R/T. I (being power greedy) was considering
> waiting for the R/T so I could get a 360cui instead of this little 318.
> Sadly, I was told that the R/T would only be availiavble in automatic, and I
> immediately decided this truck was not for me. Has anyone heard this, and if
> it is true, why would Chrysler do such a thing?
> just curious,
> Geoffrey Hausheer
> Intel Corp.
> Hillsboro, OR

That is what the offical announcements I've seen said, auto only, but
they're supposed to have a 5 speed in '99 if I understand correctly, so I
guess the 318'll have to do you till then if you don't like autos, of
course personally I prfer autos, so I may try to get an RT, if they ever
introduce them, they just keep pushing the date farther and farther back,
so their may not be any RT (Auto or stick) till '99.

Later-
Bruce