Re: 97 dakota wheels on a 92

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Wed Oct 08 1997 - 12:43:22 EDT

----------
> From: Kevin Olesky <olesky@tcnj.edu>
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: DML: 97 dakota wheels on a 92
> Date: Wednesday, October 08, 1997 06:51 AM
>
> To all it may concern
>
> I recently had picked up a set of 97 dakota rims from the fall
englishtown
> auto swap meet. I also purchased a set of 255/60/15 radial ta tires
> from work. The rims and tires look great, but what a bitch to install.
> In case anyone wants to install the newer rims on a older dakota, get
> ready for some hefty upper control arm work. A good afternoon was spent
> grinding, bending, and filing the upper control arm, so that the rim with
> its weights ( static balanced ) will clear the arm.
>
> If anybody wants the full specifics on the upper control
> modifications just e-mail me.

        Huh? On my '95 they fit no problems, no clearance problems or
anything. I have the weights on the outside of the rim, but only needed
1- 1" long weight on each tire. They've been up to 125 mph too, with no
vibration (had to test it out the other day !)

        Sam '95 SLT Dakota
http://www.users.cts.com/king/s/samp/