Re: Re: Shift points

From: Bob Nicks (bwnicks@ibm.net)
Date: Wed Oct 08 1997 - 20:25:30 EDT

WillTier@aol.com wrote:

> << Where does the performance computer shift at when at WOT? >>
>
> Same as Stock, my 93 shift is controlled by the cable and OD is by the
> computer. Normally shifted at or about 5000 but since shift kit 1 to 2 is
> 5000 but 2 to 3 is about 5500.
>
> Bill

I'm sorry, you are right. I got the service manual out and the shifting
is control by cable and linkage adjustment. I had thought that
Chrysler had switch to computer control like GM did. GM switched in 94
and it can cause problems drag racing. Have a 96 Impala SS that I run
some and when you change computers you have to worry about shift points,
whether or not they will match the mods that you have done to the
engine.

I am just getting started on the Dakota, so I am still in the learning
stage on it.

Bob Nicks