Re: New 1/4 Mile Time From Tonight!!!!

From: Jarrod Pilone (moparman@jet.laker.net)
Date: Wed Oct 08 1997 - 21:04:00 EDT

> I have been running 18 psi on mine which are on 7" rims, this is what BFG
> reccomended when I called them and they told me if I needed more traction
> try adding air.

mine seems to spin when i have more than 16 pounds of air. i have made over
30 passes on the DR's. and have found they like 14 pounds the best. of
course my truck weighs different and stuff

> i also torque it up all I can, My torque converter is a 2000
> stall (stock) but I have found pressing hard on the brake and when the
first
> light starts I give it all the throttle I can without spinning the tires
and
> on the third light let it rip. I have had several 2.07 - 2.09 sixty foot
> times and those were my best runs. You may want to try torqing it up a
little
> more also. I start the torque up on the first light that way I don't keep
it
> torqued up very long. Your doing good and sounds like your going to keep
> getting better, truck is probably getting more broke in also. Keep up the
> good job.

why thank you. i would really like to get a higher stall converter for my
truck, but it is $450 and my demon takes presedence over the truck right
now. so when the demon is done, the truck will get more mods.

Jarrod

Jarrod Pilone moparman@laker.net
http://falcon.laker.net/moparman
'97 Dakota CC Sport V8, Flowmaster, FIPK, Pilone Throttle Body, Transgo
Shift Kit, "R/T" Bumblebee Stripe. Lakewood Traction Bars. 15.920@84.37
'72 Dodge Demon, future 12 second 1/4 mile car