Re: Auto vs 5-spd; was Re: 1998 Dakota R/T (question about the R/T!)

From: Jarrod Pilone (moparman@jet.laker.net)
Date: Wed Oct 08 1997 - 21:00:08 EDT

> << Lord Foul - I'll tell you what "I" have against auto(matic)s vs
5-speed
> stick trannies: Autos cost more initially ($$$); they cost more in the
long
> run (generally higher fuel bill, repairs & maintenance); fewer gears
than a
> 5-speed (except in certain high-priced imports) mean less versatility to
> handle heavy load conditions; not as effective when driving on snow/ice;
> less fun to drive (for those of us who like to shift for ourselves;
autos

ever hear of a shift kit? i put one in my AUTO and notice one hell of a
difference. in certain road conditions, i can chirp tires!. and it is alot
more consistent like will said.

Jarrod

Jarrod Pilone moparman@laker.net
http://falcon.laker.net/moparman
'97 Dakota CC Sport V8, Flowmaster, FIPK, Pilone Throttle Body, Transgo
Shift Kit, "R/T" Bumblebee Stripe. Lakewood Traction Bars. 15.920@84.37
'72 Dodge Demon, future 12 second 1/4 mile car