RE: Toyota V8; was Re: Re: 1998 Dakota R/T

From: Craig Baltzer (cbaltzer@Anjura.COM)
Date: Thu Oct 09 1997 - 20:49:18 EDT

Boy this import slagging is great fun to watch; it would be even better
if the people doing the slagging had any of the facts straight. Lets try
just two to start.

* The 300ZX was a Nissan not a Toyota.
* The V6 in the T-100 etc. is the same family of V6s used in the 4Runner
etc., and is not "sports car based" (Toyotas sports cars use inline 6s
(Supra) or V8s (Lexus)

Guess that V10 in the RAM must be a cow for pulling, since its based on
that Viper "sports car motor". Or maybe the Viper's a dog since it uses
that V10 "truck engine". Humm, maybe those generalities are dangerous
:-)...

Anyway, now about some Dakota content? My '97 5.2l is in the shop
getting a Mopar cam, 1.7 rockers, hd valve springs/retainers and headers
installed (K&N intake and Flowmaster custom exhaust already done).
Hopefully it will emerge faster than it went in. Anyone have a similar
buildup and can offer some experiences with theirs?

Craig