Re: My first dragstrip experience (stock '96 Club Cab) (long)

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 10 1997 - 08:33:11 EDT

<< This was against the same v6 Dakota as the last run. The driver was an
 older guy (in his 60's or 70's I would guess) Check out his R/T!! :-) It
 was his first night racing too. Unlike me, he made it past the 1st round
 of eliminations. >>

He is 71, his 2 sons race one regularly and have tried to get him to go with
them, he finally went and indications are that he will be back, darn hot
rodders anyway.

<< Another thing I am going to do differently is to run with less fuel in
the tank. I had just over half a tank which would be over 60lbs. I
noticed Bill put some gas into his Dak when he arrived. I forgot to ask,
but I suspect his tank was almost bone dry. (Unless it was an octane
increasing additive or something.) I'm going to try this next time too.
(Bill, I noticed your windshield washer fluid was almost full though!)>>

The lighter the better for shurrrr but I forgot about the window wash, better
get out the syphon hose.

I was thinking like you on the windows, it will be interesting to see the
results of you testing.

Hey see you soon, seems more likely that see you in the spring. You did a
great job for first time out, glad you had fun..

Bill