Re: My first dragstrip experience (stock '96 Club Cab) (long)

From: Jarrod Pilone (moparman@jet.laker.net)
Date: Fri Oct 10 1997 - 09:02:14 EDT

> Another Question: How do these times compare to the other Club Cabs
out
> there? I don't remember seeing very many (any?) times posted for '96
Club
> Cabs, and one of the reasons I went up there was to get some numbers from
> 100% stock engine before making any mods. I've got some heavy steel bed
> rails and a Reese Class IV hitch which probably hindered my times a bit,
> but whaddya gonna do? :-)

well. i have a '97 CC 2WD and i was going through turmoil trying to get it
into the 15's. i finally accomplished it last week when i ran a 15.978. but
on weds i beat that by going 15.920 with a 2.222 60' time(short time).
seems to me liek you are having some traction problems. are you launching
at a high rpm and dumping the clutch? try taking off a bit easier if you
are and then romping it. or drop the air in your tires or get drag radials
like i did:)

Jarrod

Jarrod Pilone moparman@laker.net
http://www.laker.net/moparman
1997 Dakota CC V8 Sport FIPK Flowmaster Transgo Pilone Throttle Body R/T
Bumblebee Stripe, Lakewood Traction Bars, 15.920@84.38.
1972 Dodge Demon, Future 12 Second 1/4 Mile Car