Re: thinking about buying -Reply

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 13 1997 - 09:42:54 EDT

> Ben D Jarrett wrote:
> >
> > I had a chance to look at other daks and saw the same rust problem (ifit's even a problem.)
> > The funny thing is that I'm not up north right
> > now, I'm in Houston. Maybe it's the humid gulf air. I dunno.
> >
> > --
> >

> I also noticed rust on mine when it was up on the rack getting the
> Flowmaster put in. I've got about 66k miles, and 4 1/2 years of Houston
> humidity on it. But it doesn't look too bad to me. The leaf springs
> and drive shaft have more rust than the frame does. You can see it on
> my dakota page in the Flowmaster section....
> --
> Michael Clark mike@snakebite.com
> '93 MarkIII 4X2 V-8 SWB RC auto
> MP SBEC, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster cat-back dual
> Doug Thorley Headers, Moroso Blue Max wires
> http://userv.wt.net/~mclark/dakota.html
> http://userv.wt.net/~mclark/webring/ring.html

Michael, saw the pics, pretty significant rust there, might want to have
it repainted. I think it might be a Dak problem, because neither our '86
Ram, or our '80 dodge Van, have any rust on the frame driveshaft or
springs. Granted here in GA we don't hav problem with Road salt during
winter, but we usually have pretty high humidity, but who knows.

Bruce