Re: Auto vs 5-spd yet another reply

From: Andre Mauboussin (andrem@cyberramp.net)
Date: Mon Oct 13 1997 - 00:13:49 EDT

WillTier@aol.com wrote:

> << To amplify on Dick's comments - Automatics do not perform as
> reliably
> > under extreme use conditions as manuals because of the heat
> generated
> > internally.

For 95, the highest towing rating was with the regular cab short bed V8
5spd with 3.90 gears @7200lbs(which BTW is what I own). Whoops, there it
is. So much for auto superiority. Gee, let's see...when the last yellow
comes on, I just stomp on the gas and hold it down. That requires lots
of skill...NOT! BTW, haven't run into a similarly equipped auto
Dakota(or any for that matter) that can beat mine yet and I 60ft @2.11
with STREET radials. Later slushboxheads ;-) PS, my Road Runner's an
automatic but don't tell anyone.

Andre Mauboussin
95 14.70@93.5mph