Re: Auto vs 5-spd; was Re: 1998 Dakota R/T (question about

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 14 1997 - 13:14:47 EDT

> Will sez:
>
> > Hey little fat buddy
>
> Hey, I resemble that remark!
>
> l the fingers on one hand but they make for a
> > good day with the announcer "gee he would have had a good run if he hadn't
> > missed a gear well he lost that race but he can try again next week" snicker
>
> Okay, if we're gonna pick nits, go to any road race, circle track,
> formula 1 race, etc, and tell me how many autos you see there. For
> the ultimate in control, the stick is the only way to go....
>
> -Carl (dropping 20 lbs of portliness is worth .10 in the quarter)
> Vidos

Yeah but if you notice a lot of those have clutchless sticks in them, so
all you do is go straight from one gear to another without ever having to
push in a clutch, which to me makes them mighty close to being an
automatic, because that's like driving an auto and starting with selector
in 1st, and moving selector up a notch when you want it to shift.

Bruce