*snip*

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Tue Oct 14 1997 - 13:01:31 EDT

----------
> From: Geoffrey Hausheer <ghaushe@ichips.intel.com>
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: Re: DML: Auto vs 5-spd...who said???
> Date: Tuesday, October 14, 1997 08:24 AM
>
> Yeah, and who told me this wasn't a flame war? Okay, maybe it wasn't so
bad
> last week, but right about now 90% of these posts are people calling each

> other names, and trying to bully each other. This is just stupid! Does
it
> make you feel so much better to put down your fellow Dak drivers? Seems
to me
> to be a waste of bandwidth. YOU ARE NOT CHANGING ANYONE'S MIND! PEOPLE
DRIVE
> WHAT THEY LIKE! (well sometimes) So how about a more productive topic
huh????
> Flame me all you want, just do it through e-mail.

        "And my truck is better than yours, and and..."

        First it was the backwards running engines, now the 5 spd wars...
It's got to do something with the coming of fall weather or something.
Everyone's cranky about the cold weather back east.... Here today it
was 45 F. when I woke up, with a high of 95 expected... Nothing like
a Santa Ana (off shore wind) in Southern California :P

        Did my first full bed load of firewood last Sunday. Pine and Oak
up to the top of the shell, and I still had 1" of suspension left. Not bad
for
a 1450# payload limit.

        The 255-60-15 question (about fitting on a '91-96 dakota), I checked
this morning, and I do have weights on the inside of the rim after all.
The rims are '97 steel rims (from what I could tell when I had the tires
mounted
on them, they were 6.5" wide), and I have 1" of clearance from the weights
inside,
and 1.25" from the rim. The bulge of the wheel is 1.25" over the upper and
lower
'A' arms, and when fully loaded (with wood) they weren't any closer.

        Sam '95 SLT