Re: Re: Auto vs 5 speedu

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 14 1997 - 12:52:16 EDT

> Bruce Aaron Hefner wrote:

> > needed.

> > engine
> > With no

> > > Excellent point that's often overlooked.
> > >

> > As I've said before, if you buy with the heavy duty package, it has a
> > trans oil cooler, and you don't have any overheating problem.
> >
> > Bruce
>
> Earth to Bruce..Earth to Bruce reread the post. When you have a
> standard, it is easy to gear down and use the engine to slow you and
> your cargo down instead of the brakes.

Well I've never had any problems with that, and I live in North GA which
has some pretty big mountains, and the auto has always held itself back
well when I put it in 1st or 2nd, and haven't had one overheat either.
Besides if it's 4WD, you can put it into 4H or 4L and it'll hold itself
no matter what you have behind you, I 've tried this before also, it works
well, and no overheating problem, maybe it's just your tranny, I've never
had a problem with autos on our mountains. BTW, you don't have to be
rude, I saw the whole post, I was just responding to the overheating part
because I had been discussing that in previos posts, next time I'll delete
part of the message to make it more clear what I'm responding to.

Bruce