Re: 14" Mr. Gasket "Daytona" air cleaner?

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Wed Oct 15 1997 - 14:41:17 EDT

> Darn, I don't see the 9793 in the catalog I downloaded. :-P

> How long ago did you get yours?
> I wonder if they've changed part numbers, or if I just got a stupid
> catalog...

  I bought this from a local AutoZone about two weeks ago. It's
quite possible that there are many #9793s sitting on store shelves,
regardless of what Mr. Gasket has to say in it's catalog. I suggest
visiting a couple of parts houses in your locality. This is absolutely
not a trick item, and AutoZone is not exactly an upper-echelon speed
equipment house, if you catch my drift (no offense to any AZ people out
there, but I calls 'em like I sees 'em).

  I think you'll have equal luck with any of the generic non-recessed
14" cans.

  Ron