Re: Technical Questions

From: Michael Clark (mclark@wt.net)
Date: Wed Oct 15 1997 - 20:38:17 EDT

cntrysngr@YadTel.Net wrote:
> Second, this truck has the Mopar Performance computer in it.
> I have read reports that a 180 degree thermostat works good with it. But
> what about a 160? I've heard it works real good in other computer controlled
> cars, what about the Dakota? I would appreciate any helpful replies I can
> get!

Performace computer? You must be trying to get rid of the pinging. The
180 won't get rid of it totally, but it will help it alot. I don't know
about a 160, I have a 180 and I'm glad I changed. I have no problems
with the computer or mileage. Don't know about emissions, don't have to
be tested here for that. I do remember a list member having problems
with a 180, the computer was giving a code for the engine being too cold
too long. Don't know if they ever got that fixed or not. So I would
say a 160 probably will not get along with our computer. With my 180
right now the temp needle sits right on the first mark. A 160 probably
would not register at all.....

--
Michael Clark            mike@snakebite.com
     '93 MarkIII 4X2 V-8 SWB RC auto