Technical Questions

From: cntrysngr@YadTel.Net
Date: Wed Oct 15 1997 - 19:48:44 EDT

I have a couple of questions for anybody who may have had any experience
with these specific problems, or knows somebody who has. First, it looks
like my rear main seal has decided to spring a leak (lucky me!). I was
wondering if the transmission and flywheel has to be removed to replace this
seal. By the way, this is a '92 318 Dakota, which I have a service manual
for, but, it doesn't specify if the trans. has to be removed or not. I'm
debating whether or not to fix it myself and it would help if I knew what I
am up against. Second, this truck has the Mopar Performance computer in it.
I have read reports that a 180 degree thermostat works good with it. But
what about a 160? I've heard it works real good in other computer controlled
cars, what about the Dakota? I would appreciate any helpful replies I can
get!
         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)