Re: The last week or two of Dakota List

From: Andy Callahan (quasideedle@uky.campus.mci.net)
Date: Wed Oct 15 1997 - 22:47:35 EDT

At 08:37 PM 10/15/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Gary Ludwick wrote:
>>
>> This list is getting to be a drag. Between the bozo's debating the
>> undebateable - (what I like is right and what you like is wrong)
>> ad-nauseum; people who quote 2 1/2 pages of mail in sending a one line
>> reply; and those wonderful folks who insist on sending binary text
>> messages that do not translate to ascii (at least in the digest form).
>> Turn your damn windows formatted messaging OFF!
>>
>> Spending way too much time wading thru this crud for far too little USEFUL
>> information.
>>
>> And that MY 2 cents worth!!!
>
>I'm afraid I have to agree with you whole-hartedly Gary. Things seem to
>be getting worse and worse on here. I think we may need to think about
>going to private email for the debates instead of taking list bandwith.
>Don't get me wrong guys, the debates are ok and I enjoy reading them,
>but after 2 or 3 days I think it's time to move on.
>--
>Michael Clark mike@snakebite.com
> '93 MarkIII 4X2 V-8 SWB RC auto
> MP SBEC, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster cat-back dual
> Doug Thorley Headers, Moroso Blue Max wires
> http://userv.wt.net/~mclark/dakota.html
> http://userv.wt.net/~mclark/webring/ring.html

The debate didn't bother me as much as the people that feel like they have
to resond to every e-mail. Even if it's just a one-liner showing their
support. And they usually send the entire previous message back too. I was
also bothered by the immense ammount of speculation on certain issues as
opposed to actually facts. I think that there are advantages to both types
of trannies. I happen to prefer a stick, but my previous car was an auto.
It all just depends on personal preference and what you plan on using it
for. But I do have to say that in most of the comparisons in car magazines
between an auto and a stick of the same model car, the stick usually comes
out ahead in 0-60 times, 1/4 mile times, and gas mileage ratings. I know
they're are exceptions, but this has been my experience. BTW, I had a
chance to drive a '98 6-speed convertible Corvette (prototype) this summer.
Let me tell ya, once you drive something like that, you'll never want to get
behind the wheel with an auto again. It's just too much fun. Well, that's
my $.02. I figured I better make that deposit since everyone else seems to
have put in their $2 or $3 worth ;)

Andy Callahan