Re: Truckin' magazine

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 21 1997 - 12:26:25 EDT

> Hello all,
>
> I purchased the magazine, I was impressed with the articles and Pixs.
> I have a question. Why were most of the trucks Daks and others
> lowered? I think that that ruins the aesthetics of a truck. I like
> the big tires and wheels look. Is there a functional reason to lower
> a truck?
>
> Dave

I agree with you there Dave, I like the big tires also, just never have
been able to regain respect for lowriders after I saw one get stuck on a
speed bump. I have nothing against any of you out there with loriders, I
just personally prefer my truck to sit high like a truck not ride 2 inches
from ground like a car. To me riding higher than everyone else and
getting to look down on everyone driving cars, is one of the greatest
things about driving a truck. Not to mention the ability you have at a
redlight when you need to turn right and there are a line of cars in front
of you, in a truck you can pop the curb and go around them in the grass,
whereas in a car you have to wait the 5-10 minutes it takes you to get up
there during rush hour. But to each his own.

Bruce