RE: Tonneau Covers

From: Mike Muise (C-Muise@mail.dec.com)
Date: Wed Oct 22 1997 - 11:59:49 EDT

eperez@kpmg.com [SMTP:eperez@kpmg.com] wrote:
> I got a truck magazine and saw a couple of brands [ of tonneau ]
> and it appears they range from $99 to $700. Obviously, I would
> like to be in the $99 range but I do not want to have it rip in 2
> month either. I live in New Jersey so in the winter it may have
> to hold some snow overnight.

The one I decided on was an aluminum roll-on cover ($699 [*]) since it
lets you lock stuff in the bed, and it doesn't sag or shrink or stiffen
like the fabric covers do. If your only concern is ripping though, a
$99 tonneau should be fine. I see lots of them around here with piles
of snow on top -- other than some sag, they seem to hold up fine.

cheers,
mike

[*] see http://www.calconcepts.com/SolidBedCovers/Retractable/rollnlock.html