DML Digest V3 #295 (fwd)

From: E. Frank Ball III (frankb@cougar.sr.hp.com)
Date: Wed Oct 22 1997 - 13:45:00 EDT

} << I'm curious... I've heard a few people say they wouldn't want to
} run NOS or a supercharger with a manual because of the chance of
} missing a shift.
}
} But, wouldn't a rev limiter (MSD 6AL, for example) eliminate the problem? >>
}
} Definitely would help but you would miss a shift at red line or above and
} this sucker winds so fast with the juice by the time the rev limiter would
} catch it the momentum would wind way past it ??? My thoughts anyway. I
} survived one but I don't think it would take too many of those without big
} trouble...

No. There is no such thing as conservation of acceleration. The rev
limiter will absolutely limit the rpm, unless it is desieling. The
tachometer needle could overshoot, but so what. The engines momentum
can only maintain any given rpm, not increase it.

Frank Ball 1UR-M frankb@sr.hp.com (707) 794-4168 work
Hewlett Packard (707) 794-3038 fax (707) 538-3693 home
1212 Valley House Drive Kawi KDX200, Yamaha XT350 YZF600R Seca 750
Rohnert Park CA 94928-4999 '95 Dakota SLT Club Cab V8 5-Speed 2WD