Re: BOUNCE dakota-truck@buffnet4.buffnet.net: Admin request:

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 27 1997 - 14:54:51 EST

> >From owner-dakota-truck Fri Oct 24 10:40:44 1997
> Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 10:36:35 -0400
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> From: dave fauth <d.fauth@domain-tech.com>
> Subject: Help Needed in purchasing truck
>
> My wife and I are considering purchasing a new or used truck ('97 or '98)
> to be used as a commuting vehicle/mulch hauler/work around the house truck.
> One of our concerns is reliability as we have a 1990 Plymouth Grand Voyage
> now on its 3rd transmission (120K miles) and Dodge is not at the top in my
> wife's eyes. We also have 3 kids (4,2, and 1 month) so any comments on the
> club cab room (car seats) would be appreciated. Any quality reports on the
> '97 and '98 Dakotas other than Consumer Reports would be appreciated. Also
> any comments on the F150, and Toyota Tacoma/T100 would be appreciated as
> those are the other trucks we may look at.
>
> I like the Dakota and saw about 20 '98's on the dealer lot (Fredericksburg,
> VA) a couple of weeks ago. I may go test drive next weekend to check them
> out myself.
>
> Thanks
> Dave Fauth
> davefaut@mnsinc.com
> -------
> David Fauth
> DOMAIN technologies, inc.
> d.fauth@domain-tech.com

3 Words: Get the Dakota. Don't know about their other lines, but you
can't beat the Dodge trucks for dependability, my cousin has a Dak with
233,000 miles, and has never had to make a single repair on it, he has
another one sitting at his house with 250,000 on it, nothing wrong with
except that it needs a new starter he's just to lazy to put it on. Just
my opinion. In previous posts it seems there have been a lot of problems
out of the T-100, my brothers have had mixed results out of the f-150's
have had some that wentt 200k without problem, and others that have
dropped a tranny or an engine by the time they hit 70k. Definitely don't
get a Chevy, everyone I've seen has been a piece of s#$t, my uncle had to
put 5 trannies in a 95 chevy before it hit 50k, my brother had one drop a
tranny at 57k, and had a van that he had to rebuild both the engine and
tranny in before it hit 100k, needless to say there hasn't been a chevy in
our family in about 5 years, and doubt there will ever be another one.

Bruce