Re: Possible transmission shifting problem

From: Daniel Colucci (djcolucci@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Nov 07 1997 - 19:24:40 EST

I have a Trans go shift kit and a Fairbank's converter which were installed
this past June
right before installing the Vortech. I have been messing around with the
throttle cable
to get the transmission to shift under full power before the rev limiter,
to no avail. It
it would shift from first to third during regular driving which was a pain,
so I moved the
cable back a bit to give me better quality shifts, maybe I have to set the
cable to the
stock specifications and go from there. Thanks for your help on this
topic. If you have any further ideas feel free to share them with me.

Dan

----------

_________________________________
> Subject: DML: Possible transmission shifting problem
> Author: DJColucci (DJColucci@worldnet.att.net) at MIME
> Date: 11/07/97 3:28 PM
>

> I have a 94 with a Vortech, and have recently dialed it in to the point
where it
> doesn't
> detonate under power via Jacobs Boost master. My problem now is that my
trans m
> ission
> seems to be slipping in the 5000 rpm range, then it seems to grab hard
until it
> hits the annoying rev limiter on the Mopar SBEC. Has anyone had any
problems wi
> th their
> transmissions after putting some power to them? Any help in this area
would be
> of great
> help. Anyone interested in a Vortech should contact Auburn Performance
Equipme

----

----