Re: Defroster control lobotomy

From: Steve (jsm@gwrra.org)
Date: Mon Nov 10 1997 - 16:23:57 EST

>It is also a pain when it is below freezing and there is frost on the
>outside of the windshield and the engine is cold. Also I don't need the
>AC on all the time everytime I need air going to the windshield. This
>has been annoying me for some time now.

One thing that has worked for me in the past. Make sure the selector
switch is in the heater or vent position before starting the truck.
Have the temperature dial on cold. After starting turn the fan on high
for about 30 seconds. After that you should be able to then turn the
temperature to heat and the defrost on without fogging up the inside.

When shutting down turn the switch back to heat or vent for a minute
or so before turning the engine off. That should help ease the fogging
that occurs on the inside.

That seemed to work for me when I lived in Detroit and Montreal. Now
that I'm in Louisville I don't have that problem often. :)

Steve
jsm@gwrra.org
Lou-a-vull, KY