RE Shift kits

From: rich_gambino@VNET.IBM.COM
Date: Tue Nov 11 1997 - 10:29:59 EST

>What do you have to beef up if you put a shift kit on?
>
>I was always under the impression that a shift kit makes it easier on
>a Transmission
>
>Dave

That's what I thought, which is why I was surprised to hear the bad
comments from the trans shop. He said something about the increased
(fluid?)pressure not being good(?). I just thought it would be a
nice upgrade but like I said I don't race, and it's not that high
on my wish list of upgrades. I know some of the guys (like Bill)
race at the track (with NOS, no less), and have had no problems
with the shift kit.

Speaking of upgrades, anyone heard any updates on the '96 SBEC? I'm
beginning to lose hope that we will even have it for a 1997 holiday
gift! I think it's time for my periodic call to MP. I'll let you
know how far they push us out this time!

Rich
'96 V8 4X4 CC auto
MP cat-back; K&N drop-in; MP SBEC before next millennium!