Re: Durango/Dealership

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 11 1997 - 12:14:17 EST

> At 02:39 PM 11/10/1997 -0500, you wrote:
>
> >Actually, I had a very similar encounter when I was looking at buying my
> >Dakota. I went to the local dealership, Freedom Dodge, here in Lexington
> >KY to try to test drive a vehicle. I got the same response--that for
> >insurance reasons they couldn't let anyone under 21 drive the vehicles. It
> >really pissed me off! However, they did let me ride in one, but what good
> >is that? I asked them if this was something specific to their dealership
> >or if it was a local thing (I'm originally from Bowling Green Ky where I've
> >test driven many new cars). He said it was a Lexington thing.
>
> My brother lives in Lexington (he's a sophmore at Centre) and needed to purchase a car about two or three weeks ago. I happened to be out there at the time and most of the dealers he went to had no problem letting him drive (he's 19 with an out of stat
e (NY) license) We did stop at Freedom Dodge, but didn't try to drive anything - the two sales people we delt with were real jerks. He was looking for a used car and one thing we were surprised about was that most of the new car dealers had *very* few u
sed cars on their lots (usually <10) Most of the new car dealers around here have quite a large number of used cars.

> Brett

Probably just goes to show that they don't sell many new cars, because if
you do you're going to get trade-ins to sell as used cars. Unless they
don't take trade-ins, which I wouldn't want to deal with a dealership that
didn't take trade-ins personally.

Bruce