I got one!

From: schaller (schaller@swva.net)
Date: Fri Nov 14 1997 - 19:35:05 EST

I've been reading the Dakota Mailing List for about a month, enjoying it
alot. I've been looking around for a used Dakota, and finally got one
today. It is an 1995 SLT, 4WD, Club Cab, V-8, automatic (which I am
fine with,BTW), P235's. Driving it today, I really understand why you
guys like the Dakota.
I've got 3 (beginner) questions:
1) Shifting the 4WD transfer case into 4L is really, really hard.
(I've been reluctant to muscle it for fear of breaking something, like
the lever.) Is this normal? How easily should it shift into 4L? How
can I fix this problem? My Dakota shifts into 4H very easily. (I know
about shifting into 4WD from a stop.)
2) How can I tell if my Dakota has 4 wheel ABS, rather than the
standard 2 wheel ABS? Is there some sort of place to look for this on
the truck? Do you think there is a substantial braking difference 4
wheel ABS vs. 2 wheel ABS?
3) Just out of curiousity, anyone on the list live near Roanoke, VA?
Thank you, Greg Schaller, Roanoke, VA