Re: 4 cylinder dak???

From: John C. Worden (sciroco@mint.net)
Date: Sat Nov 15 1997 - 01:26:27 EST

At 11:43 AM 11/14/97 -0800, you wrote:
>I was watching TV the other day, and saw a comercial indicating an "upgrade"
>to a 6 cyl on the dakota. This got me to wondering, so I checked, and sure
>enough the 4 cyl is concidered "standard" on the 2wd shortbed dak base
model.
>Has anyone out there actually bought a dakota with the 4 cylinder engine?
>Does it move under its own power? Does it get reasonable gas mileage? Why
>does chrsyler build these? I don't think I've ever seen anyone post that
they
>have the 4cyl model here, so do they actually sell any?
>
>Just curious?
>
>Geoffrey Hausheer
>Intel Corp.
>Hillsboro, OR

I've seen quite a few at the Bangor, Me. dealer but haven't seen any on the
road.
Does anybody know if the Dakota is available with full-time 4WD as opposed
to the current part-time? I used 4WD today in a snowstorm and it drove
great; much better than my old ramcharger. It would be nice to have the
full-time 4WD though. If I'm wrong on this someone please tell me: The
current part-time 4WD is just for conditions where you need the traction,
but not to be used constantly. And the full-time 4WD can be used all the
time if you want(unlike the old full-time which was permanently in 4WD).

John
'98 cc sport 3.9 auto