Re: Re: cleaning the TB

From: Scott Lemser (ramman@mailexcite.com)
Date: Thu Nov 20 1997 - 18:02:18 EST

Tim Roller Wrote: <Big Snip>

>However if the TB does need cleaning, just ONLY use a carburator cleaner
>that is safe for all sensors and usually only needs spraying while on
>vehicle unless the mounting gasket needs changing because of leakage, and
>most important--DON'T DROP parts down the throttle bore if you decide to
>remove the TB.

I don't know about the '92, but the TB on my '95 is very easy to remove from the
manifold (4 Bolts) and I would recommend removing it. There are air-bleeds and the
A.I.R. motor that can get pretty gummed up.
Don't know what you could drop anything down into the manifold but it is a good idea
to take precautions to avoid it. Pick up a new Gasket, unbolt it and clean it up.
Cover the plenum on the intake with masking tape if you're going to remove it completely.

Should'nt take more than 20 minutes max.

Scott Lemser

http://www.mailexcite.com