Re: Re: cleaning the TB

From: Michael Meyerhoff (mmeye@umr.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 20 1997 - 21:22:02 EST

At 04:02 PM 11/20/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Tim Roller Wrote: <Big Snip>
>I don't know about the '92, but the TB on my '95 is very easy to remove
from the
>manifold (4 Bolts) and I would recommend removing it. There are air-bleeds
and the
>A.I.R. motor that can get pretty gummed up.
>Don't know what you could drop anything down into the manifold but it is a
good idea
>to take precautions to avoid it. Pick up a new Gasket, unbolt it and clean
it up.
>Cover the plenum on the intake with masking tape if you're going to remove
it completely.

>Should'nt take more than 20 minutes max.
>
>Scott Lemser

Thanks I bought Gumout brand Air Intake and TB cleaner at the local joe
whoevers parts here, tomorrow I'll stop by for a new gasket. Hopefully
they'll have one, if not I'll look around and then go to the dealer(pray
for my wallet if it comes to that).

Thanks all the help guys,
mm
       // | | \\ Mike Meyerhoff