Re: Re: Dakota puchase questions

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Wed Nov 26 1997 - 12:45:44 EST

At 10:55 AM 11/26/97 -0500, you wrote:

>Sorry, one more question. Rear axle ratio? I understand the performance
>pros and cons of 3.21 vs 3.55 vs 3.90. In an effort to keep gas mileage
>up, I was considering going for a lower numerical raito (3.21).

if you want to race the V8 Mustangs get V8 with the 3.90. I have 3.55 and
it's good for towing,
yet has good fuel economy and lots of giddyup.

Dakota is a 4,000 lb vehicle ... you don't buy it for fuel economy. If
that's your big concern, get the 4
cyl....or maybe a smaller brand of truck.

>Are there noticable performance differences with the V8 and these
>various axle ratios - wheel slip, etc.? Is there noticable gas mileage
>difference? The dealers claim that the lowest numerical raito available
>with the V8 is 3.55, but the option lists say that the 3.21 is available
>with any engine/trans combo.
>

>jeff - still a Dakota owner wannabe

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com