Re: Dakota puchase questions

From: Jeff Lee (jlee@atlanta.nsc.com)
Date: Wed Nov 26 1997 - 10:55:57 EST

Jeff Lee wrote:

> I hope to soon be the owner of a 98 Dakota 4x2 short bed.
> I would like to get some feedback on options, experiences, and things to
> watch out for (gotchas). Any help from current Dakota owners would be
> appreciated.
>
> My current hunting list includes:
>
> 25B sport package
> V8, 5 speed
> Anti-slip differential
> Tow package
> Air
> 22 gallon tank
> power convenience group
> deluxe convenience group
> 5x7 power mirrors
> fog lights
> sliding rear window
> P235/70R15 tires with 15x8 wheels

Sorry, one more question. Rear axle ratio? I understand the performance
pros and cons of 3.21 vs 3.55 vs 3.90. In an effort to keep gas mileage
up, I was considering going for a lower numerical raito (3.21).

Are there noticable performance differences with the V8 and these
various axle ratios - wheel slip, etc.? Is there noticable gas mileage
difference? The dealers claim that the lowest numerical raito available
with the V8 is 3.55, but the option lists say that the 3.21 is available
with any engine/trans combo.

jeff - still a Dakota owner wannabe